Home cooking may seem daunting, but with these 5 quick tips, you can make a perfect apple pie calzone recipe! Cut each apple into 10 pieces, so that your dough is easier to roll. Tart aroma and delicate flavors explode in your mouth with the filling bursting open and mixed in with the crust.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread apple mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Making a calzone is a fun and easy way to enjoy an apple pie without all of the work. Here are tips to make a perfect calzone recipe:
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Sautee your apple slices in some butter or olive oil until they are slightly softened. Once they are soft, add in the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- To assemble the calzone, first roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Then spread half of the apple mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Be sure to press down firmly with your fingers so that the apples are well dispersed throughout the dough.
- Overlap the edges of the dough by about 1 inch and pinch them together to form a sealant. Cut six equal pieces out of the dough and place them onto cooking sheets covered in rice starch or cornmeal, then freeze for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F before baking each calzone for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside (watch them closely as they can get easily overcooked). Serve hot with Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired!
Ingredients: pie dough, apples, brown sugar, butter
Apple pie calzone is a fun and easy way to enjoy your favorite apple pie recipe in a unique and delicious form. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be prepared in just a few minutes. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Second,prepare the dough by combining the flour, sugar, and butter in a bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Once the dough is prepared, spread apples mixture evenly over the bottom of the dough and roll up jelly-roll style. Place calzone on a greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy your perfect apple pie calzone recipe!
Topping: cinnamon for apple filling, cinnamon
Making a calzone doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. In fact, it can actually be a really fun and easy project. First of all, you will need some dough. You can either make your own or use a pre-made dough recipe. Once you have the dough prepared, it is time to start filling it with your favorite ingredients! One popular option for apple pie filling is cinnamon. Adding in this flavorful ingredient will give your calzone an extra boost of flavor. Finally, it is important to wrap up the calzone in the dough and cook it until golden brown and crispy. Serve warm and enjoy!
Baking the Shell: preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- Roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in.-thickness. Cut out a 12-in. circle. Fit the crust into a 9-in. pie plate. Trim excess overhang and prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Freeze for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the crust with foil and fill with pie weights or cans filled with water, pressing down so that the crust is firmly secured in place. Bake for 10 minutes, Remove weights and foil and bake for 5 more minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before filling Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F Do not ice shell Reduce sugar by 2 tablespoons Invert pan onto wax paper; remove pan sides Heat unsalted butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted whisk in sugar and heat to simmer Add egg yolk whisking constantly until thickened Cook 3 minutes Pour mixture into pan over frozen crust Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes Poke center of cake with skewer ; if it comes out clean it is done Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for 1 hour to cool Slice into 16 wedges
In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and cinnamon. Add butter, diced and stir until well combined. Pour mixture over crust in pie plate and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Assembly: Fill each crust with 2/3 apples and 1/4 brown sugar mixture
Pie dough is a simple crust that can be filled with just about anything. This apple pie calzone recipe takes the easy way out and uses pre-made pie dough instead of rolling your own.
Steam or bake the filling until tender before assembling the calzones. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) before sprinkling brown sugar on top of apples. Roll out Pie dough to a thickness of 1/8-inch (3-millimeter) and place over filling. Trim excess dough from top and bottom, then crimp edge using fork or your fingers. Alternatively, use a pastry bag fitted with a star tip to pipe the sugar over apples.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown
If you’re a fan of apple pie, you’ll love this calzone recipe! It’s creamy and delicious, and it’s perfect for a quick and easy meal. To make this calzone recipe, you’ll need:
1 9 inch pizza shell dough
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled sausage
1/2 cup chopped apples
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Butter or oil for cooking the crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, sausage, apples, sugar, and flour. Mix well until combined. Place the pizza shell dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide the cheese mixture evenly among the shells. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately . Enjoy!
Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack
Time to make apple pie calzone! This delicious and easy-to-make dessert is perfect for your next get-together. All you need is a crust and some apples. For the filling, mix diced apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Then add in enough flour to make a dough and roll it out onto a floured surface. Next, use an 8 inch pizza pan as your template and cut out the dough. Spread the apple filling into the dough then top with additional shredded cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm and enjoy!